Change Your Body From Flabby to Fit With Zero Cardio!




At one point in most of our lives we feel we have lost control. Maybe over our jobs, or our lives, or our personal appearance. Some things we keep the same no matter how miserable. Some things make us take notice and force us to change. We all have the power to change. Some of our beliefs were instilled in us as youngsters. Some of us have developed beliefs based on books, friends and experiences. The happiest of us are the ones that have had to work, change, and challenge our own beliefs. Those of us that set goals, keep them and achieve them are but a few. I am going to share some of my past beliefs, and how I changed them to become a healthier, fitter adult. You can do this too. We all have the power to change. Follow a plan, set small attainable goals, and believe in yourself.

I was raised in a home that eating healthy was normal. My parents were active, and youthful. They did not follow diets, they were not overweight. Right before I turned 30, I saw a picture of me in Paris with my brother on a vacation. I could not believe my eyes. I had gained over 20 pounds, and at 5 feet tall, it showed. How could this be? I did aerobics 5 times a week, and lived on tuna fish sandwiches! I also ate late at night, was a social butterfly, and partied a lot. I guess it never occurred to me that I could gain weight at a young and active age. I was wrong, and not willing to accept it. I had to change, the only problem was I needed to change my way of thinking to get what I wanted for myself.

Not only did I really want to change, it had to start happening now. I was mad at myself that I let it get this far, and I was ready to do whatever it took. The aerobics class that I normally did was going to have a substitute teacher that night, so I almost didn't do the class. Fate was on my side that night, because the minute the sub walked in, I was mesmerized. She was a little younger than me, but had this lean, defined, strong body, and confidence with a smile to boot. I nearly died in her class, trying to keep up (so I could look like her) and couldn't believe the different moves we did. Everything was either a squat, a lunge, a jump, or a push up in her aerobic bodyweight class. I was quivering, excited, exhausted and knew tomorrow would have me barley able to move. One thing for sure, I knew this was different, and not what my body was used to. I know now that that is exactly what your body needs to kick start a change.


I stayed after to meet with her and she told me her secret. I could barely believe it when she said that she never does aerobics! She said she was only working out 3 times a week, for about 30 minutes per workout. The only thing she did was either bodyweight workouts like the one we did, or lifted heavy weights! I was all ears. I was taught by my successful father (whether he knows he taught me this or not) that when someone shows you proof, you don't "try it your way", you do what they do. That is why they are successful and you should at least learn from them. So I was on a new journey. Weight lifting and strength training.

To be honest with you, I really felt something new, and big when I started on this journey. The great thing was that I was ready, and excited. Excited to do something different, and kind of forced to. I started following a few books, and watching some videos on how to lift weights for women, and then the craziest thing happened, I started to see and feel results within 3 weeks. Of course I felt sore and tired in the beginning. But I started to feel strong, not too long after I had felt week. Then I hired a trainer to actually show me the right way to do things. Wow, did that make a difference. I felt what I now know as "microtrauma" happening to my muscles. When you lift weights you actually are breaking down the muscle tissue. That is why you get sore. When the muscle is healing it builds itself back up.

As you keep doing this over and over, your muscles get bigger, you get used to the load or work you are placing on them, and you do something a little harder, or heavier. Unfortunately at this point is where a lot of women quit. Too hard, too sore, don't want to be "bigger". All myths about something they are not sure of.

I am now a certified fitness trainer, co-own a gym with my husband, and have competed in 2 figure competitions in the bodybuilding world. That is how far I have come in the world of change. The best part, I did both of those at 50 years old. See, you are never too old to start making your body better, stronger, or more vital. I understand now why many women stop lifting weights. Women still unfortunately have this idea that they are "going to get big" by lifting. Not true. Well, actually what they feel is their muscles being used for the first time. They feel a tightness, that sometimes feels "heavy" in the beginning. So they stop. Or, they look at the women in the magazines that have had plastic surgery, or are on steroids and think that they don't want to look like that, so, they stop. The best thing you can do for the future of your strength and metabolism is begin a weight lifting program.

Women do not, I repeat, do not have the high amounts of testosterone that men have to get really big muscles. Muscle is denser than fat, so it feels tighter. For every pound of muscle that you put on, you increase your resting metabolism. Bigger muscles burn more calories even while at rest. When you have more muscle than fat on your frame, you need to eat more calories to support those muscles. That is also why dieting sabotages our bodies. Cutting calories makes your metabolism slow down. Adding muscle makes your metabolism speed up.


I urge you to look into the healthy, smart, empowering world of strength training, and weight lifting. Even your own bodyweight is enough to do a workout with. Many trainers that are flab free and fit do most of their workouts with bodyweight. Look into videos, books on women and strength training, and a lifestyle where you eat foods that fuel your body, give you energy, and keep you vital. Forget just doing cardio. Make a plan. A small plan at first. One where maybe you hire a trainer for a couple of sessions. Or a class that uses weights, not just movement. The idea is to add more muscle, to burn more calories. Oh, and did I mention? When you are done doing cardio, your body is done burning calories. When you are done with an intense weight training session, research shows that your body can burn calories for up to 36 hours after. Now that is how you get results.

After all, when we are unhappy with something, we can only change ourselves. When we take on a new task, or lifestyle, we do it because we want results.

Start a strength training program. I assure you, you will see a difference in your attitude as you get stronger, your body as you get leaner, and your outlook as you look into a vital future.


For cutting edge information on strength training, nutrition,and fat loss geared towards mainly women (men can benefit as well!) Living a life of prevention with a nutrient dense diet while anti-aging and how to be vital at any age. Sign up with your name and e-mail address for my FREE newsletter. http://www.ConstantEnergyFitness.com

For Smoothie Recipes for Optimal Health:
http://www.constantenergyfitnesssmoothies.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Dawn_R_Sylvester/1389060

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

See Also