Forget Your Cardio Workout! - At Home Bodyweight Workout For Fat Loss


Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
~ Francis of Assisi


There are a lot of places out there where you can get both bad and good exercise information, including TV, websites, books, and ebooks. Everyone seems to have the latest fitness program, gadget, and workout proven to help you drop fat.

I've been writing about fitness for over 2 years, and there are a lot of fads that I've seen come and go. The worst of these fads were those electronic belts you place around your stomach to help you drop fat. But, this article isn't about those belts.

It's about cardio. Specifically, the anti-cardio movements we've seen in the past few years. It started off very subtle. First, trainers started telling us that it's the steady state cardio that's a problem. Sprinting on a track is better than jogging on treadmill for fat loss.


We believed them, some of us tried it, and for most of us, high intensity sprint intervals worked. I was very impressed with the results. I used to wake up every morning and jog for 3 miles. My knees were hurting and I had stopped losing weight.

The moment I switched to sprint intervals, I ran straight through my fat loss plateau and noticed a physique I had never seen before. I liked the way I looked. But then, the trainers started talking about something else. Now, apparently, we don't need to do ANY cardio at all to lose fat.

Well, they were right about the sprints, so I decided to see what they were talking about. The idea is that instead of cardio intervals, you would do intervals with bodyweight exercises. So, a sample sprint workout might be to do an all-out sprint for 30 seconds, followed by a 60 second rest.

You would simple switch the sprint with a bodyweight exercise. For example, perform a set of pushups for 30 seconds straight, followed by 30-60 seconds rest. The theory is that these workouts would be even more effective because you were getting both a cardio and strength workout at the same time.


It was originally thought that you needed to perform cardio and strength training at completely different times in order to burn fat. However, if I could save time and combine the two, and get the same or better results, then I was going to try this new approach to training.

I did, and the results were incredible! Well, actually, the new workouts just helped me condense my training time, so that it was now easier for me stay in shape and get my workouts in with very little time commitment. That's the biggest payoff I've seen.


You know what, speaking of bodyweight cardio workouts there's a great 3-phase fat loss system you need to check out called the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss, which uses a similar approach to their workouts. You can find out more information about this incredible bodyweight fat loss program on my site, WorkoutWithoutWeights.Net [http://www.workoutwithoutweights.net/]

You have permission to publish this article in your web sites, ezines or electronic publication, as long as the piece is used in its entirety including the resource box, all hyperlinks (HTML clickable) and references and copyright info

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Parth_Shah/266220
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

See Also