4 Things You Should Know About Bodyweight Exercise

I've been doing bodyweight exercise training for a while now. In that time, I've discovered a few things that you might want to know about bodyweight exercising and how to best approach it. By knowing these 4 things, you'll be able to overcome some problems you might run into, or even avoid them altogether.

If there were 4 things I would've liked to have known when I started doing bodyweight training, it would be these:



1. If at first, it seems that you can't do a lot, don't be discouraged. You're learning a new form of exercise. It's better to focus on proper execution and movement technique, rather than on speed or numbers.

Since you're learning something new, you'll be developing new neurological pathways in your brain. It can take a while for these to develop and for you to become familiar with you new way of exercising, and this brings me to my second piece of advice...

2. ...Take it easy, man! Especially at first, you want to go easy on yourself, even when you don't perform the movement through the full range of motion.

3. Don't overload yourself by trying to master too many exercises at one time. If you're new, learning a lot of new exercises, I advise you to master the few ones you like best. After that, then you can move on to other exercises.

I give you this third piece of advice, not to limit you, but to prevent you from becoming overwhelmed. By all means, practice as many variations of as many exercises as you want, but stick to a few that you practice more than the rest. When you get good at one or two exercises, then you'll have the confidence to move on to other exercises.

Just last week, I was doing a challenging workout, and I was getting a bit light-headed. I then realized that I had forgotten something...

4. ...Don't hold your breath. Breathe in and out, continuously, throughout the movement. When you come to a sticking point, try not to hold your breath. Or, at the very least, don't hold your breath so long that you become light-headed or start to see stars. Try forcefully pushing or whistling the air out of your lips as you push yourself past a tough spot. Only perform a movement as fast as your body can keep up with.
Article Source: Articlelogy.com
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

See Also