Walking to Find Great Finds




After seeing myself in some very unflattering pictures, I decided it was time for me to lose weight. Living in a large city where parks are rather far away, I found myself having to drive to the park just to take a walk around a large spacious area. To me, it felt like driving was defeating the purpose. So one day I decided that instead of driving to the grocery store a mile away, I would simply walk; after all, I was only going to get a few things.

As a lifelong resident of my city, I thought I knew all the best stores and places of interest to patronize until I started my daily walks. Rather than walk on the main streets, I opted to walk on the side streets, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. On my first walk I came across a small café nettled between a row of brownstone homes. I eagerly wanted to stop and sample a fresh cup of flavored coffee but I had to continue my walk. I entered the store's phone number into my cell phone to make a note to stop in one day.

A few blocks later on a tiny curvy street I came across a store that had some very nice dresses displayed in the window. I was very surprised to find that the store had the exact dress that I had paid one hundred dollars for at a department store. Had I known the store existed, I could have saved fifty dollars and purchased a matching purse as well. Once again I entered the store's phone number into my cell phone and continued my walk.

Thirty minutes later when I reached my local grocery store I realized that I had actually enjoyed my walk. I felt like I was sightseeing in my city for the first time. I found two stores that I will definitely visit in the future. It was a wonderful adventure that I enjoyed very much. So much that I started to take walks every day for exercise and to explore my city and see what other treasures it holds.

The treasures that I have found so far include an historical landmark that I had once read about in a magazine, an antique shop and a mom and pop bookstore. Most importantly, I have lost some weight, which was my main goal in the first place. Had I been driving, I would never have found any of these places. My exercise has paid off in more ways than one. Now, through walking regularly, I get the exercise that I need and I can feed my shopping habit as well.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Desiree_Future/2250374
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

See Also