How Does Walking Help Your Fitness?



Does walking help your fitness?


You know you're supposed to be fit and in good health. After all, without your health, how will you enjoy life to its fullest and avoid certain risks with diseases? Fit people already have the advantage of more energy and wearing whatever they choose while looking great. But, you don't have 3 hours a day to go to the gym. Perhaps this is what is holding you back. Maybe you think you need to commit to a certain level to achieve the fitness you desire.

Every time you think about working out, fear kicks in. The fear of failure. Why should I try to workout when I may quit and gain back what I lost?

Does walking help your fitness level instead of sweating it out at the gym everyday? Walking has many benefits including getting you into better shape. After all, it's how dogs get regular exercise. On a treadmill or outdoors can give you the benefits of losing weight, gaining more energy, and helping your body systems be in better condition to fight disease. Walking can boost your immune system and reduce your stress. Reducing stress is a major component to avoiding diseases and gaining weight.








I am a runner more so than a walker, but I learned a valuable lesson about walking. As I was preparing for a half marathon, I was having some issues so I decided to implement walking in my training. As I logged on the miles I would run for five minutes and then walk for one minute. Repeating this pattern for the next hour would prove that I had more energy and I still finished my miles in the same time it took me to run without walking. I was shocked to learn that I didn't lose time, in fact, some of the miles, I ran faster because I had more energy to do so.

Get started with these easy to do tips:
*Choose to walk alone or with a partner. A partner can help you to be accountable and make it more fun.

*When walking alone, listen to music, a book on tape, or anything to keep your mind sharp.

*Nature has a way of reducing stress and filling you up with energy. Try to walk outdoors as often as possible.

*Make sure you have supportive walking shoes and good socks that will let your feet breathe.


Want More On "Does Walking Help Your Fitness"? CLICK LINK http://www.theamazingu.com and find out how you can "Turn Your Body Into An Insane Fat Burning Machine" with our FREE Report which will tell you the SECRET to easily lose weight and keep it off!

Hi, I'm Shari Carter and I am a Cosmetologist as well as a Health and Wellness Advocate. I am passionate about helping people reach their health and weight loss goals.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Shari_Carter/1907330
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

See Also