Have you started exercising to lose weight?
Starting regular exercise for the first time can be a nerve-wracking experience, especially for women who have almost no experience in working out. If you feel anxious and doubtful as to how you can manage exercising, today's article is perfect for you!
Healthy Weight loss and exercise are partners in weight loss.
Weight loss without exercise is like a grilled cheese sandwich without the cheese. Exercise completes the weight loss process and ensures that your body is fit and strong as your fat stores are finally shed off. Exercising improves your mood and general mental outlook, which can then help you stay motivated.
Exercise also has countless medical benefits including (but not limited to):
- Better sleep at night
- Well-defined muscles
- Stronger bones and joints
- Improved memory and mental acuity
- Healthier heart and lungs
- More efficient circulatory system
Exercise is the true mega cure that you can't buy anywhere.
How can you effortlessly ease into regular exercise?
Being a first-timer or beginner is not an excuse for avoiding exercise.
Everyone starts out as a beginner. If you want to become a fitness superstar in your own right, you need start exercising as soon as possible.
Here are some coaching tips that you can use to fast-track into a healthy, active lifestyle:
1. Aim for the Big One - Nothing builds confidence like participating in a yogathon or joining an amateur tennis tournament for the first time. When you are ready to "aim for the Big One," drop all doubts and fears and just do it!
Prepare for your chosen event well and give it your all. Even if you don't win anything, you're still a winner because of all the exercise and conditioning that you accomplished for the event. Working out will not seem like a chore anymore if you are working out to compete at an event.
2. Tear Down Your Comfort Zone - Comfort zones are only useful if you're designing a bedroom. In the world of fitness and healthy weight loss, comfort zones prevent people from achieving their full potential.
Comfort zones are the tiny boxes that tell people to quit before even trying... Just because a new activity seems challenging.
If you really want to feel good about yourself and your natural physical abilities, step out of your comfort zone and participate in different workout routines, exercise equipment and join fitness events!
3. Spice Things Up - Like other activities, exercise can become boring if you keep doing the same workouts over and over again.
When you think you've had enough of a single workout routine, create variations to keep things dynamic and interesting. If you are mentally bored with your exercises, your body is bored too. When your body is no longer challenged by your workouts, your healthy weight loss can plateau.
4. Drink Water - Forget about drinking Gatorade and other pricey beverages when you're working out. All you really need is pure water to stay hydrated. Unless you are working out in a challenging outdoor environment, you don't need additional electrolytes or sugar to get good results with your exercises.
5. Build Those Muscles -No matter what your long term fitness goals are, resistance training with weights can help you get there faster. Resistance training greatly improves strength and flexibility, which are both useful in all physical activities from ballroom dancing to tennis.
Don't overestimate your strength to avoid injuries! Remember to lift light in the beginning and gradually build your strength up before attempting to lift heavier weights.
The rule of thumb is if you can't lift something more than eight times, it's too heavy for you.
Article Source By Josee Smith